Glideslope
Apr 25, 04:00 PM
How can you be so certain of this as to say "That is it. Period."? Sources plz?
Sources? Plz. :cool:
Sources? Plz. :cool:
Eraserhead
Mar 4, 09:10 AM
You should know by noe that fivepoint is only interested in individual freedom when it's an issue he agrees with.
This case is surprisingly transparent however.
This case is surprisingly transparent however.
Santabean2000
Oct 4, 08:29 AM
But he is building this house in the US, which apparently defines "mansion" as 8,000 sq ft or more.
Yep, and the average US 'car' looks more like a tank to the rest of the world.
Define your own boundaries, and call them normal. Nice.
Yep, and the average US 'car' looks more like a tank to the rest of the world.
Define your own boundaries, and call them normal. Nice.

Chupa Chupa
Oct 11, 09:23 PM
Hellooooo Zune!
Have fun. You seem like a brown Zune guy. That way no one can tell if its dirty or not.
Have fun. You seem like a brown Zune guy. That way no one can tell if its dirty or not.
TZRaceR6
Aug 8, 01:47 PM
Electric cars (that are able to fully charge in under 20 minutes) subsidized by a solar panel roof is the future. Don't think a 300 mile range would be out of the question (within a few years) and would def work even in large countries like the U.S.
If you look here, they are talking 5 minutes for 70% charge of the car, even though it is currently only a short range vehicle.
Link: http://www.crunchgear.com/2010/07/05/new-quick-charger-for-electric-cars-is-really-quick/
If you look here, they are talking 5 minutes for 70% charge of the car, even though it is currently only a short range vehicle.
Link: http://www.crunchgear.com/2010/07/05/new-quick-charger-for-electric-cars-is-really-quick/
Koronis
Apr 8, 12:45 PM
What a surprise, Tech Crunch got a story completely wrong
EricNau
Jan 12, 12:25 AM
they didn't release iwork and ilife probably b/c of Amazon putting it up on their website early
Actually, I believe it wasn't released at MacWorld for two reasons...
1) Time. They keynote ran about 2 hours as is (already above the average). Introducing two new software suites would easily add another 45 minutes (making the event much too long).
2) The focus was clearly the iPhone, and Jobs didn't want anything to steal its glory.
It makes much more sense to introduce the iPhone at MacWorld and have a separate event for Leopard, iLife, and iWork.
Actually, I believe it wasn't released at MacWorld for two reasons...
1) Time. They keynote ran about 2 hours as is (already above the average). Introducing two new software suites would easily add another 45 minutes (making the event much too long).
2) The focus was clearly the iPhone, and Jobs didn't want anything to steal its glory.
It makes much more sense to introduce the iPhone at MacWorld and have a separate event for Leopard, iLife, and iWork.
aristobrat
Oct 6, 10:29 AM
T-Mo may have screwed the pooch on their 3G rollout, but my phone doesn't drop 30% of my calls. It'll be interesting to see how ATT, and TMo keep up with the 3G coverage, as Verizon and Sprint move forward.
AT&T in my area doesn't drop 30% of the calls either, ... and 3G is faster than Verizon, too. Thankfully I don't travel out of my area often. :)
For whatever reason, Sprint and Verizon started deploying their 3G networks about three years before T-Mobile and AT&T did. Nothing T-Mobile and AT&T can do about that now, except let Verizon gloat while they continue to try to play catch-up.
AT&T in my area doesn't drop 30% of the calls either, ... and 3G is faster than Verizon, too. Thankfully I don't travel out of my area often. :)
For whatever reason, Sprint and Verizon started deploying their 3G networks about three years before T-Mobile and AT&T did. Nothing T-Mobile and AT&T can do about that now, except let Verizon gloat while they continue to try to play catch-up.
random47
Apr 13, 07:32 AM
Just got my new Dell u2311:D
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51Ab7AxhOTL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51Ab7AxhOTL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Sydde
Apr 16, 09:59 PM
First time viewer.
So, Honey Badgers are gay, or what??
No, but I think the narrator is what they call "Eurotrash".
So, Honey Badgers are gay, or what??
No, but I think the narrator is what they call "Eurotrash".
Loalq
Jan 12, 07:45 PM
It is a shame...so difficult to create a reputation as a blogger then they do this...
If one headless guy chose to do that, then it was GIZMODOs responsability to deal with him, not to endorse him by exposing this stupidity on their site.
This is news media after all, not the Borat show.
If one headless guy chose to do that, then it was GIZMODOs responsability to deal with him, not to endorse him by exposing this stupidity on their site.
This is news media after all, not the Borat show.

Mexbearpig
Apr 13, 09:54 PM
Got some new running shoes at the Nike Factory Store. These will make a huge difference from my vans.
http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k575/julian4444/IMG_20110413_225203.jpg
Also got some Polo Ralph Lauren all white canvas landers. I walked into journeys planning to get some vans and wanted their version of docksiders. Unfortunately they only had smaller sizes. So these seemed good enough.
http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k575/julian4444/IMG_20110413_223415.jpg
Also a pack of 5pairs of no show socks for the landers.
http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k575/julian4444/IMG_20110413_223441.jpg
http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k575/julian4444/IMG_20110413_225203.jpg
Also got some Polo Ralph Lauren all white canvas landers. I walked into journeys planning to get some vans and wanted their version of docksiders. Unfortunately they only had smaller sizes. So these seemed good enough.
http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k575/julian4444/IMG_20110413_223415.jpg
Also a pack of 5pairs of no show socks for the landers.
http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k575/julian4444/IMG_20110413_223441.jpg
QCassidy352
Sep 28, 01:05 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)
Now hopefully these pretty town bureaucrats approve this in short order and then get back to their usual important functions, like telling people what colors they can paint their mailboxes.
It that an iPhone autospell or are they really good looking. :D
The former :o
Now hopefully these pretty town bureaucrats approve this in short order and then get back to their usual important functions, like telling people what colors they can paint their mailboxes.
It that an iPhone autospell or are they really good looking. :D
The former :o
Since '84
Jul 21, 04:21 PM
You know, I've been reading all this stuff, and was a bit worried while I waited for my iPhone4 to arrive. Since then, I have traveled to 4 countries on business, and have been a long distance train through rural areas. I have tried everywhere to use the death grip to drop the signal to 0, but I can't. I can't get it to drop a call, and I can't get it to lose signal - I can get it to 1 bar but I can still surf on 3G with that, and the call quality has been fine. I've used overseas carriers' SIM's too...And I'm left handed, and have no case.
At the end of all this, I've simply decided that for me, this phone is the best I've had, and I have no problem with it in any way. I'm just glad I won't have to read all this stuff and worry any more. Sorry if you have problems, but as everyone says, take it back. Being a long time Mac user I have no problem using equipment that is not the most common anyway.
At the end of all this, I've simply decided that for me, this phone is the best I've had, and I have no problem with it in any way. I'm just glad I won't have to read all this stuff and worry any more. Sorry if you have problems, but as everyone says, take it back. Being a long time Mac user I have no problem using equipment that is not the most common anyway.
Nekbeth
Apr 27, 03:06 PM
Thanks, that's good information. I actually got caught up trying to finish this function of my App but I plan immediately to deep into books and videos that I already have waiting for me. Believe or not, I'm looking forward to it. I know that as soon as give some time to read over fundamentals like the ones you mention.. it will be easier for and easier for all of you to understand my threads.
So, self refers to my controller.. interesting.
So, self refers to my controller.. interesting.

takao
Apr 17, 01:19 PM
So the Pink Triangles of the Holocaust are irrelevant?
well are they more important than the other triangles colors ?
everybody can instantly relate the triangle colors yellow and pink but what about those who wore blue triangles ? or black ? or brown ? or green ? or red ?
well are they more important than the other triangles colors ?
everybody can instantly relate the triangle colors yellow and pink but what about those who wore blue triangles ? or black ? or brown ? or green ? or red ?
eternlgladiator
Apr 8, 11:48 AM
I've been waiting all week for this to finally become available. I can't wait!
I'm going to upgrade it to a 128 GB SSD when I get it. It'll be a monster.
I'm going to upgrade it to a 128 GB SSD when I get it. It'll be a monster.
jamferma
Sep 12, 08:17 AM
At least your 3G iPod had enough battery to last through one song.
lasts about an hour:D
lasts about an hour:D
*LTD*
Apr 22, 06:56 PM
Whereas I agree with your post entirely, I get the feeling that you wouldn't be saying this if Apple were the only ones not to collect such data. You have bashed Google many times for the amount of data it collects, but as soon as Apple is to be seen to be doing it, it's all cool. A "non-issue.":rolleyes:
Don't worry, I usually slag on the competition for entirely different reasons.
And quite frankly, if I ever bashed Google for the data they collect, I shouldn't have. Because in practice, it's completely harmless.
I *did* bash them for Google Buzz. Mostly because it was just annoying and there was no way to turn it off (not easily, at least.)
Don't worry, I usually slag on the competition for entirely different reasons.
And quite frankly, if I ever bashed Google for the data they collect, I shouldn't have. Because in practice, it's completely harmless.
I *did* bash them for Google Buzz. Mostly because it was just annoying and there was no way to turn it off (not easily, at least.)
Qwest905
Apr 6, 01:34 PM
for the wife
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5069/5593508856_f7ddb60cb8_b.jpg
preordered for myself the playbook =)
http://www.phonereleaseinfo.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/blackberry-playbook.jpg
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5069/5593508856_f7ddb60cb8_b.jpg
preordered for myself the playbook =)
http://www.phonereleaseinfo.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/blackberry-playbook.jpg
lordonuthin
Jul 17, 12:15 PM
yeah the top dsl speed here is 6 mb/s. not really great, but better than what i'm getting.
i'm really not sure why the speed is so low.
try http://www.speedtest.net. i just ran it and got 0.81 mb/s. i'm paying for 12.0
That is a very poor speed, at least I'm getting close to 10 mb/s but paying for 30 I think... $76 a month. These monopolies we have in the US are a drag, they can do whatever they want and the gov does nothing about it. Mine is adequate for all the folding at least.
i'm really not sure why the speed is so low.
try http://www.speedtest.net. i just ran it and got 0.81 mb/s. i'm paying for 12.0
That is a very poor speed, at least I'm getting close to 10 mb/s but paying for 30 I think... $76 a month. These monopolies we have in the US are a drag, they can do whatever they want and the gov does nothing about it. Mine is adequate for all the folding at least.
bousozoku
Jan 12, 08:32 PM
What about all the former Apple CEO's. They had a company behind him too, but he simply could not lead like Jobs can.
Notice the Newton? That was John Sculley's idea and it was brilliant.
Had System 7 been what Copland was supposed to be, there would likely not have been any downfall but by that time, no one cared a lot. Both founders were out the door and morale was low. They were working on the Pink OS and decided to work with IBM but IBM is notorious for going nowhere with most of what they do.
Michael Spindler didn't care about the business.
It was the financial department that kept the company going despite marketing trying to squeeze $79 for each minor o.s. release.
It takes more than one person to make a company work. It's good to have someone in charge who knows and cares about what's going on but without sharp developers and accountants, companies fail all the time. Look at Sun and Palm.
Notice the Newton? That was John Sculley's idea and it was brilliant.
Had System 7 been what Copland was supposed to be, there would likely not have been any downfall but by that time, no one cared a lot. Both founders were out the door and morale was low. They were working on the Pink OS and decided to work with IBM but IBM is notorious for going nowhere with most of what they do.
Michael Spindler didn't care about the business.
It was the financial department that kept the company going despite marketing trying to squeeze $79 for each minor o.s. release.
It takes more than one person to make a company work. It's good to have someone in charge who knows and cares about what's going on but without sharp developers and accountants, companies fail all the time. Look at Sun and Palm.
suwandy
Oct 4, 12:14 AM
I'll shoot you for mentioning PowerBook G5! :D
I'm hoping for MBP update before MacWorld!
I'm hoping for MBP update before MacWorld!
tingly
Nov 24, 02:59 AM
for next year's googlers:
Macs
Starting at $1,099. Save $101. MacBook
Starting at $999. Save $101. iMac
iPods
Starting at $149. Save up to $31 plus free laser engraving. iPod nano
Starting at $249. Save up to $31 plus free laser engraving. iPod
Software
$358, save $41.95, Office 2004 for Mac Standard Edition
$68, save $31.95, .Mac
$68, save $11.95, Parallels Desktop for Mac
$68, save $21.95, Adobe Photoshop Elements 4.0
$38, save $11.95, The Sims 2
$38, save $11.95, Call of Duty 2
$38, save $11.95, Sid Meier's Civilization IV
Extras
$238, save $61.95, Sonic Impact VIDEO-55
$128, save $21.95, Canon PIXMA mini260 Photo Printer
$88, save $41.00, AirPort Express Base Station
$58, save $11.00, Apple wireless Mighty Mouse
$48, save $21.95, Belkin TuneTalk Stereo
$38, save $11.00, iPod Radio Remote
$24, save $5.00, Nike + iPod Sport Kit
Speakers
$298, save $51.00, iPod Hi-Fi
$98, save $31.95, Logitech AudioStation Express
Audio
$78, save $21.95, M-Audio Keystation 49e USB Midi Keyboard
$58, save $21.95, JBL Creature II Speakers
$18, save $6.95, Sony Personal Speakers SRS-P11Q
Car Audio
$58, save $21.95, Kensington Digital FM Transmitter/Auto Charger
$58, save $21.95, Kensington RDS FM Transmitter/Car Charger for iPod
$14, save $5.95, Sony CPA-9C Car Cassette Adapter (Bought it from apple.com a week ago. d'oh!)
Headphones
$398, save $101.95, Shure E500PTH Sound Isolating Earphone
$398, save $101.95, Shure E5C Sound Isolating Earphones
$238, save $61.95, Shure E4C Sound Isolating Earphones
$138, save $41.95, Shure E3C Sound Isolating Earphones
$78, save $21.95, Shure E2C Sound Isolating Earphones
$48, save $11.95, Sennheiser PX100 Headphones
$24, save $5.00, Apple iPod Earphones
Bags
$58, save $41.95, Incase Ripstop Backpack
$48, save $21.95, Brenthaven Metro Bag
$28, save $11.95, STM Alley 13" Shoulder Bag
$24, save $5.95, Incase Neoprene Sleeve
Cases
$24, save $5.00, Apple iPod nano Armband
$24, save $10.95, iSkin eVo3 Case for 30GB iPod
$24, save $10.95, iSkin eVo3 Case for 60GB & 80GB iPod
$18, save $11.00, Nike + Sport Armband
$18, save $11.95, Incase Sports Case with Armband for iPod nano
$18, save $11.95, XtremeMac SportWrap for iPod
$18, save $6.95, Agent 18 VideoShield for 30GB iPod
$18, save $6.95, Agent 18 VideoShield for 60GB & 80GB iPod
Macs
Starting at $1,099. Save $101. MacBook
Starting at $999. Save $101. iMac
iPods
Starting at $149. Save up to $31 plus free laser engraving. iPod nano
Starting at $249. Save up to $31 plus free laser engraving. iPod
Software
$358, save $41.95, Office 2004 for Mac Standard Edition
$68, save $31.95, .Mac
$68, save $11.95, Parallels Desktop for Mac
$68, save $21.95, Adobe Photoshop Elements 4.0
$38, save $11.95, The Sims 2
$38, save $11.95, Call of Duty 2
$38, save $11.95, Sid Meier's Civilization IV
Extras
$238, save $61.95, Sonic Impact VIDEO-55
$128, save $21.95, Canon PIXMA mini260 Photo Printer
$88, save $41.00, AirPort Express Base Station
$58, save $11.00, Apple wireless Mighty Mouse
$48, save $21.95, Belkin TuneTalk Stereo
$38, save $11.00, iPod Radio Remote
$24, save $5.00, Nike + iPod Sport Kit
Speakers
$298, save $51.00, iPod Hi-Fi
$98, save $31.95, Logitech AudioStation Express
Audio
$78, save $21.95, M-Audio Keystation 49e USB Midi Keyboard
$58, save $21.95, JBL Creature II Speakers
$18, save $6.95, Sony Personal Speakers SRS-P11Q
Car Audio
$58, save $21.95, Kensington Digital FM Transmitter/Auto Charger
$58, save $21.95, Kensington RDS FM Transmitter/Car Charger for iPod
$14, save $5.95, Sony CPA-9C Car Cassette Adapter (Bought it from apple.com a week ago. d'oh!)
Headphones
$398, save $101.95, Shure E500PTH Sound Isolating Earphone
$398, save $101.95, Shure E5C Sound Isolating Earphones
$238, save $61.95, Shure E4C Sound Isolating Earphones
$138, save $41.95, Shure E3C Sound Isolating Earphones
$78, save $21.95, Shure E2C Sound Isolating Earphones
$48, save $11.95, Sennheiser PX100 Headphones
$24, save $5.00, Apple iPod Earphones
Bags
$58, save $41.95, Incase Ripstop Backpack
$48, save $21.95, Brenthaven Metro Bag
$28, save $11.95, STM Alley 13" Shoulder Bag
$24, save $5.95, Incase Neoprene Sleeve
Cases
$24, save $5.00, Apple iPod nano Armband
$24, save $10.95, iSkin eVo3 Case for 30GB iPod
$24, save $10.95, iSkin eVo3 Case for 60GB & 80GB iPod
$18, save $11.00, Nike + Sport Armband
$18, save $11.95, Incase Sports Case with Armband for iPod nano
$18, save $11.95, XtremeMac SportWrap for iPod
$18, save $6.95, Agent 18 VideoShield for 30GB iPod
$18, save $6.95, Agent 18 VideoShield for 60GB & 80GB iPod