Beric
Oct 6, 03:34 PM
Verizon has the best service, AT&T has the best phones.
You win and lose either way.
You win and lose either way.
linux2mac
Mar 24, 08:42 PM
As a switcher in I feel I have to give a big thanks to Microsoft and Windows Vista - after all, if Vista hadn't been so terrible, I might not have switched ;)
+1
Same here. Went to Linux then to Mac.
+1
Same here. Went to Linux then to Mac.
clukas
Apr 5, 03:39 PM
hahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.........
Whoever spends their time looking at adverts is a lost cause and has no life. Seriously I think this is the most ridiculous thing apple has come up with.
Whoever spends their time looking at adverts is a lost cause and has no life. Seriously I think this is the most ridiculous thing apple has come up with.
InsanelyApple
Apr 15, 04:51 PM
It's more.... FABULOUS!
:)
Bravo, good sir/madam. Bravo. You made me laugh. *applause*
:)
Bravo, good sir/madam. Bravo. You made me laugh. *applause*
martymcr
Nov 27, 03:26 AM
They are doing a similar event in the UK on Friday 1st December - a 'one day only special sales event'
Simmias
May 3, 10:37 PM
I love my iPad 2, but I don't care for the ads. I like the overall message, but the narrator's inflections really bug me for some reason - a little too sappy. Also, the use of the word "magic" (wink, wink) in this ad and the previous one smacks of Steve Jobs thumbing his nose at critics. No matter how successful the iPad is, we will still cringe at his calling it magical.
Cleverboy
Jan 14, 08:23 PM
Hey bad news is better than no news. I'd bet Gizmodo will get a few more hits out of this and maybe ces will attract some more people to see what will happen next year. It may be in the end one of the better things to have happened to this event. (Just a different way of looking at it)Wow. No. This (or anything like it) isn't something to "look forward" to next year. This was just STUPID. Yes, Gizmodo got extra traffic out of it... its what they do. I thought Leo Leporte was unreasonable for his dislike of Gizmodo, but they are now OFF my Google homepage and out of my bookmarks, and have earned a measure of disrepect for many of their readers. If they have anything more to say, I will likely never hear of it. Hopefully Engadget and other websites can make sure I get the news I would have heard from Gizmodo. I'll miss Jesus' artwork, but oh well. Plenty of other talented people out there.
~ CB
~ CB
Gatesbasher
Mar 24, 08:13 PM
Pardon? Want to try that again?
I can't speak for him, but DOS was tolerable. No iteration of Windows has been. That's probably what he meant.
I can't speak for him, but DOS was tolerable. No iteration of Windows has been. That's probably what he meant.

MacsRgr8
Jan 5, 05:54 PM
I love this time of year.
We had Christmas, and new year, and the usual hangovers and overweightness that accompanies these last couple of days ;)
Now life gets back to normal......
.....
..... but not for us Mac-geeks. The last couple of days leading up to the MacWorld SF Keynote speech is definitely my favorite time!
The expectation, the excitement, the rumors, and reading about all of us how we like to spend the actual "time of speech".
Over here in Europe the time of day is perfect: 6 pm CET. Either stay at work and follow the news there (websites, MRChat etc.) or rush home and do the same.
Use iChat to link all news & views with fellow nerds....
Me, personally, I just have to know right away. I can't wait until the QT link is up.... especially as it usually is overloaded and results in poor viewing the first couple of hours.
Best time of year. Every year (followed by the last days leading up to the WWDC ;) )
We had Christmas, and new year, and the usual hangovers and overweightness that accompanies these last couple of days ;)
Now life gets back to normal......
.....
..... but not for us Mac-geeks. The last couple of days leading up to the MacWorld SF Keynote speech is definitely my favorite time!
The expectation, the excitement, the rumors, and reading about all of us how we like to spend the actual "time of speech".
Over here in Europe the time of day is perfect: 6 pm CET. Either stay at work and follow the news there (websites, MRChat etc.) or rush home and do the same.
Use iChat to link all news & views with fellow nerds....
Me, personally, I just have to know right away. I can't wait until the QT link is up.... especially as it usually is overloaded and results in poor viewing the first couple of hours.
Best time of year. Every year (followed by the last days leading up to the WWDC ;) )
Red Defiant
Mar 25, 04:09 AM
10 years is a long time
steadysignal
May 4, 10:17 AM
I really like the tone of these commercials.
Also, I enjoy that they keep saying magic or magical; only because I know how angry people (trolls, mostly) here get about it.
its almost at the taunt stage now.
i love it.
reminds me of the think different campaign - feeling-wise.
Also, I enjoy that they keep saying magic or magical; only because I know how angry people (trolls, mostly) here get about it.
its almost at the taunt stage now.
i love it.
reminds me of the think different campaign - feeling-wise.
Garion
Apr 16, 11:09 PM
why do music companies make it so difficult to distribute their music? weird.
Because, strange as it sounds, the music business still haven't realized their business is selling music. They still think their business is selling CDs. So whenever they sell an album as a download they think of it as a lost sale of a CD. Weird indeed.
Because, strange as it sounds, the music business still haven't realized their business is selling music. They still think their business is selling CDs. So whenever they sell an album as a download they think of it as a lost sale of a CD. Weird indeed.
-Jeff
Oct 28, 07:59 PM
Logic Pro 7 has yet to be cracked, so Apple has people who know how to do copyright protection.
Emagic already had the security dongle in place when Apple bought Logic from them. Apple just made it white and put their logo on it.
a quick look at google will show you that Logic Pro 7 has definately been cracked... ;)
It's not a full version of Logic Pro. It's Logic Express with the track count limitations removed. Many of the plug-ins are not included in the cracked version, and the plug-ins were a major reason that I bought Logic Pro.
Nothing is uncrackable, but Logic Pro is about as close as it can be.
Emagic already had the security dongle in place when Apple bought Logic from them. Apple just made it white and put their logo on it.
a quick look at google will show you that Logic Pro 7 has definately been cracked... ;)
It's not a full version of Logic Pro. It's Logic Express with the track count limitations removed. Many of the plug-ins are not included in the cracked version, and the plug-ins were a major reason that I bought Logic Pro.
Nothing is uncrackable, but Logic Pro is about as close as it can be.
CharBroiled20s
Oct 11, 04:22 PM
I have lived in 4 different rural markets and regularly travel between them. Currently, in NC, Verizon is everywhere since they bought out a couple providers like Rural Cellular and I forget the other one.
When I left Verizon, they had full bar 3G coverage at my house. They had just upgraded about 3 months before I went with an iPhone. With AT&T, I need to drive almost 20 miles to even find 3G coverage.
With Verizon, I had a Palm Treo 700 and it was very rare to see even the analog signal at all.
If Apple would make the iPhone for Verizon, i'd switch back in a blink, even if I had to pay early termination, it's that bad. I typically lose between 20-40% of my calls. There is several dead zones too, that I can't even drive down without losing it.
I too came from Verizon where I hardly ever dropped a call. I can't remember it ever being a problem. Now I have my second iPhone (first was with tmobile) and I have to say that AT&T is the worst carrier I've ever used. I live in Chicago and not a day goes by where at least 1 call is dropped (usually more than 1).
I'd be right behind you in line at verizon to get one of their iPhones.
AT&T should be penalized for their garbage coverage by apple ripping the exclusivity deal away from them.
We in America would really benefit from legislation that bans anticompetitive exclusivity contracts. Similar laws to that which Europe enjoys would make everyone here a little happier.
Choice is never a bad thing.
When I left Verizon, they had full bar 3G coverage at my house. They had just upgraded about 3 months before I went with an iPhone. With AT&T, I need to drive almost 20 miles to even find 3G coverage.
With Verizon, I had a Palm Treo 700 and it was very rare to see even the analog signal at all.
If Apple would make the iPhone for Verizon, i'd switch back in a blink, even if I had to pay early termination, it's that bad. I typically lose between 20-40% of my calls. There is several dead zones too, that I can't even drive down without losing it.
I too came from Verizon where I hardly ever dropped a call. I can't remember it ever being a problem. Now I have my second iPhone (first was with tmobile) and I have to say that AT&T is the worst carrier I've ever used. I live in Chicago and not a day goes by where at least 1 call is dropped (usually more than 1).
I'd be right behind you in line at verizon to get one of their iPhones.
AT&T should be penalized for their garbage coverage by apple ripping the exclusivity deal away from them.
We in America would really benefit from legislation that bans anticompetitive exclusivity contracts. Similar laws to that which Europe enjoys would make everyone here a little happier.
Choice is never a bad thing.
jhendley
Nov 16, 10:26 PM
http://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com)
Digitimes claims (http://www.digitimes.com/systems/a20061115PR207.html) that according to Taiwan component makers, there is an increase in orders for certain capacitators that are intended for use in an AMD-based Apple notebook. Few other details are provided.
The rest of the article remains speculative, pointing to comments (http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2006/09/20060922105414.shtml) by AMD CEO that he felt that Apple would eventually come around to working with AMD.
Readers should note that Digitimes remains notoriously inaccurate (http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2003/09/20030917033706.shtml) with their rumors.
What's a capacitator anyways?
Digitimes claims (http://www.digitimes.com/systems/a20061115PR207.html) that according to Taiwan component makers, there is an increase in orders for certain capacitators that are intended for use in an AMD-based Apple notebook. Few other details are provided.
The rest of the article remains speculative, pointing to comments (http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2006/09/20060922105414.shtml) by AMD CEO that he felt that Apple would eventually come around to working with AMD.
Readers should note that Digitimes remains notoriously inaccurate (http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2003/09/20030917033706.shtml) with their rumors.
What's a capacitator anyways?
macintel4me
Oct 11, 03:11 AM
First, I'm not sure what kind of wireless is being discussed here. Wireless earphones? wireless docking stationg? wireless internet connectivity? wireless ipod-to-ipod connectivity?
Second, the battery drain on a widescreen video iPod doing some wireless connectivity would be immense. I just can't see how it would last much longer than 1 movie.
Third, I want a wireless earphone setup for running so I don't care about the video!!!!
Second, the battery drain on a widescreen video iPod doing some wireless connectivity would be immense. I just can't see how it would last much longer than 1 movie.
Third, I want a wireless earphone setup for running so I don't care about the video!!!!
eric_n_dfw
Oct 28, 06:48 PM
Not really. There are from time to time fixes that are noticed in Darwin and ported back to FreeBSD by others, but Apple have a history of not getting involved with the projects from where they take code. The stuff about the kernel is especially weird, that's still the area where Apple and FreeBSD differ the most.
Interesting. So does Apple just put their stuff up under ASPL and let the FreeBSD commiters sift through it?
I figured when they hired Mr. BSD, Jordan Hubbard, back in 2001 they be more active in pushing stuff back out to BSD.
Interesting. So does Apple just put their stuff up under ASPL and let the FreeBSD commiters sift through it?
I figured when they hired Mr. BSD, Jordan Hubbard, back in 2001 they be more active in pushing stuff back out to BSD.
OllyW
May 3, 01:50 PM
And why is this on mac rumors.
Does it really matter what the competition does.
Why read it if you are not interested?
Does it really matter what the competition does.
Why read it if you are not interested?
skeep5
Oct 6, 11:03 AM
What kind of a world do we live in, where a man, Dressed up as a bat, gets all my press? This town needs an enema!
turbobass
Apr 5, 03:27 PM
brilliant! i find myself "surfing" free apps to find certain iAds. I've always wanted a database of all of the iADs in one place to reference and inspire. I see 2 in the macrumors screen shot that I personally have worked on. Cool!
Congratulations sir or ma'am, you are the one human being on the planet who can actually call this "brilliant" and have a use for it that is not completely retarded and/or make me wish a meteor would hit earth.
Congratulations sir or ma'am, you are the one human being on the planet who can actually call this "brilliant" and have a use for it that is not completely retarded and/or make me wish a meteor would hit earth.
Thomas Veil
Mar 4, 09:37 PM
Huh. They must've gone to the bullpen -- we're starting to see some relief bitching.
Somebody has already tried that FDR quote. And I replied:
Our labor unions are not narrow, self-seeking groups. They have raised wages, shortened hours and provides supplemental benefits. Through collective bargaining and grievance procedures, they have brought justice and democracy to the shop floor. But their work goes beyond their own job, and even beyond our borders. For the labor movement is people. Our unions have brought millions of men and women together ... and given them common tools for common goals. -- John F. KennedyAnyone else on the board, please feel free to borrow that quote whenever somebody invokes FDR.
Now: corporate contributions are legal money laundering operations. If you follow the money, I pay for goods which go into company funds which are used to contribute to buy Republican candidates who are dedicated to passing corporate-friendly laws that make my air dirtier and my food unhealthier, and that lower my standard of living until they finally ship my job to another country. Nice racket they have going. Has anybody ever noticed that the well never dries of money to buy off our government? I just love watching them cry about regulation; very classy.
The Wisconsin senators, on the other hand, are spoiled children...you know, just like Abe Lincoln (http://politicalwire.com/archives/2011/02/24/when_lincoln_fled.html). ;)
Somebody has already tried that FDR quote. And I replied:
Our labor unions are not narrow, self-seeking groups. They have raised wages, shortened hours and provides supplemental benefits. Through collective bargaining and grievance procedures, they have brought justice and democracy to the shop floor. But their work goes beyond their own job, and even beyond our borders. For the labor movement is people. Our unions have brought millions of men and women together ... and given them common tools for common goals. -- John F. KennedyAnyone else on the board, please feel free to borrow that quote whenever somebody invokes FDR.
Now: corporate contributions are legal money laundering operations. If you follow the money, I pay for goods which go into company funds which are used to contribute to buy Republican candidates who are dedicated to passing corporate-friendly laws that make my air dirtier and my food unhealthier, and that lower my standard of living until they finally ship my job to another country. Nice racket they have going. Has anybody ever noticed that the well never dries of money to buy off our government? I just love watching them cry about regulation; very classy.
The Wisconsin senators, on the other hand, are spoiled children...you know, just like Abe Lincoln (http://politicalwire.com/archives/2011/02/24/when_lincoln_fled.html). ;)
ciTiger
Apr 25, 01:19 PM
The phone is always to big and the screen is never big enough... LOL
I'd rather have them trim the non screen edges than to increase the screen size... But hey, that's just me... And trim a little on the top and bottom also :)
I'd rather have them trim the non screen edges than to increase the screen size... But hey, that's just me... And trim a little on the top and bottom also :)
skellener
Mar 24, 06:24 PM
Happy Birthday NeXTSTEP!!! ;)
patrick0brien
Aug 6, 02:49 PM
I would normally not consider purchasing a GM vehicle, but the Volt looks really good.
The U.S. can build cars just as good as the best of the rest of the world, but only when we want to - which is a shame, because we historically haven't wanted to.
The U.S. can build cars just as good as the best of the rest of the world, but only when we want to - which is a shame, because we historically haven't wanted to.