quigleybc
Sep 9, 06:49 PM
I'm not ashasmed that our country was unprepared to deal with this
i am.
The blame will go straight to the top. Straight to George. He should have cut short his vacation on the ranch and been on a plane on day 1. This arguement will go around and around in circles, but look, people could have been saved if the administration had not cut funds to FEMA and redirected them to the war in Iraq. There were multiple interviews before the hurricane with people saying that the levy's would not hold if the hurricane hit hard. If Bill could get impeached because he got head, then is it unreasonable to hold George acountable for this? Am I the only one who feels this way?
guess so. This is my opinion, and I am entitled to it.
i am.
The blame will go straight to the top. Straight to George. He should have cut short his vacation on the ranch and been on a plane on day 1. This arguement will go around and around in circles, but look, people could have been saved if the administration had not cut funds to FEMA and redirected them to the war in Iraq. There were multiple interviews before the hurricane with people saying that the levy's would not hold if the hurricane hit hard. If Bill could get impeached because he got head, then is it unreasonable to hold George acountable for this? Am I the only one who feels this way?
guess so. This is my opinion, and I am entitled to it.
ArtOfWarfare
Jul 21, 10:23 AM
As for people being surprised at Apple's childishness, have you forgotten about the douchetastic "I'm a Mac campaign".
That campaign was saying "Look what we can do that you can't."
That is proper advertising and the way it should be done.
This campaign says "Look, you're just as bad as we are."
I'm a Mac raised the bar, this thing just pulls the bar down.
That campaign was saying "Look what we can do that you can't."
That is proper advertising and the way it should be done.
This campaign says "Look, you're just as bad as we are."
I'm a Mac raised the bar, this thing just pulls the bar down.
leekohler
Mar 3, 08:02 PM
WTF is wrong with Ohio? WTF is wrong with Republicans? Hey Republicans, guess what? You're signing your political death warrants, and you're going to contnue to drive jobs and people from Ohio.
Folks in Ohio, get off your butts and fight this! :mad:
BOWLING GREEN, OHIO -- The battle over a bill that some claim ties the hands of unionized public workers in Ohio has spread to the campus of Bowling Green State University.
Members of the BGSU community held a walkout Thursday afternoon in opposition to Senate Bill 5.
On Wednesday, the Republican-controlled Ohio Senate has passed the measure that would restrict the collective bargaining rights of roughly 350,000 teachers, university professors, firefighters, police officers and other public employees.
The measure now goes to the state House, where the GOP holds a 59-40 majority.
Republican Gov. John Kasich has said he supports the effort.
Protestors at BGSU on Thursday said it's not fair to restrict the rights of union workers. The group said it supports their right to free speech as they gathered on campus in opposition.
The bill establishes fines and jail time for those who participate in strikes. Unionized workers could negotiate wages, hours and certain work conditions - but not health care, sick time or pension benefits.
Republicans have argued that the bill reigns in unions, which they believe make it difficult to balance the state's budget.
Ohio currently faces an $8 billion two-year budget shortfall.
http://www.toledoonthemove.com/neighborhood/story.aspx?id=588466
Folks in Ohio, get off your butts and fight this! :mad:
BOWLING GREEN, OHIO -- The battle over a bill that some claim ties the hands of unionized public workers in Ohio has spread to the campus of Bowling Green State University.
Members of the BGSU community held a walkout Thursday afternoon in opposition to Senate Bill 5.
On Wednesday, the Republican-controlled Ohio Senate has passed the measure that would restrict the collective bargaining rights of roughly 350,000 teachers, university professors, firefighters, police officers and other public employees.
The measure now goes to the state House, where the GOP holds a 59-40 majority.
Republican Gov. John Kasich has said he supports the effort.
Protestors at BGSU on Thursday said it's not fair to restrict the rights of union workers. The group said it supports their right to free speech as they gathered on campus in opposition.
The bill establishes fines and jail time for those who participate in strikes. Unionized workers could negotiate wages, hours and certain work conditions - but not health care, sick time or pension benefits.
Republicans have argued that the bill reigns in unions, which they believe make it difficult to balance the state's budget.
Ohio currently faces an $8 billion two-year budget shortfall.
http://www.toledoonthemove.com/neighborhood/story.aspx?id=588466
GadgetGav
May 2, 10:07 AM
I find it hilarious that Steve Jobs claimed Apple was not tracking users, but now all of a sudden we find Location tracking being completely removed from this version of iOS, that is honestly something that annoyes me..
I find it hilarious that people can't grasp which way the data was going in this story. The cached database was an excerpt sent TO your phone FROM Apple so that the phone could calculate it's position faster.
The database at Apple was 'crowd sourced' and you opted in to that when you clicked on 'Accept' in the SLA, but that was a twice-per-day, anonymous, encrypted data packet sent back to HQ.
This update is going to clean the cache (something that could very easily be not done now due to a bug) and not accept this file at all if you have Location Services turned off. I bet it won't take long for the same people who were up in arms about this to start complaining about how this "so-called update makes my phone really slow when using Google Maps" or some other such complaint.
I find it hilarious that people can't grasp which way the data was going in this story. The cached database was an excerpt sent TO your phone FROM Apple so that the phone could calculate it's position faster.
The database at Apple was 'crowd sourced' and you opted in to that when you clicked on 'Accept' in the SLA, but that was a twice-per-day, anonymous, encrypted data packet sent back to HQ.
This update is going to clean the cache (something that could very easily be not done now due to a bug) and not accept this file at all if you have Location Services turned off. I bet it won't take long for the same people who were up in arms about this to start complaining about how this "so-called update makes my phone really slow when using Google Maps" or some other such complaint.
esaleris
Mar 29, 10:52 AM
This is, by far, one of the most intersting posts I've ever read. Particularly when you discovered they started connecting to your network! Can't wait to hear what happened, as well as who stole the thing.
kalsta
Sep 30, 02:02 PM
That's an amazingly thin house. And carved from a single piece of aluminum reportedly.
kuwisdelu
Apr 8, 05:41 PM
I'd say 10.6 had a ton of new features; they just weren't in the UI.
carlgo
Dec 14, 01:31 PM
Yay, satellites. Or drones. There you go, so much cooler. Space age instead of silly towers.
How a little iPhone could transmit to hundreds of miles into space is problematical, but there is all of this alien technology...
Maybe the data centers are sat communications facilities.
Ahhh, not likely but it is fun to think about.
How a little iPhone could transmit to hundreds of miles into space is problematical, but there is all of this alien technology...
Maybe the data centers are sat communications facilities.
Ahhh, not likely but it is fun to think about.
thejadedmonkey
Apr 12, 09:05 AM
Agreed. I feel like Wordpad, with the ability to open .doc and .docx files, would suffice.
And have Graphpad, a basic spreadsheet app, with the ability to open .xls and .xlsx for excel. :)
And have Graphpad, a basic spreadsheet app, with the ability to open .xls and .xlsx for excel. :)
BWhaler
Apr 12, 11:56 AM
Some people will never understand the power of Apple and the fundamental insight that makes Apple's products so powerful.
It's not a feature list. It's not a slick vaneer.
It's a deep understanding of design. How to make a product work naturally that empowers us to achieve what we want with the tool.
It's rarely more. It's rarely new pretty pictures.
Great art is knowing when to stop.
It's not a feature list. It's not a slick vaneer.
It's a deep understanding of design. How to make a product work naturally that empowers us to achieve what we want with the tool.
It's rarely more. It's rarely new pretty pictures.
Great art is knowing when to stop.
sartinsauce
Oct 10, 10:17 PM
i made a quick mockup of what it could be like, i left out some details. I changed the dvd icon to a mail/gtube one(youtube) because it supossdly has wi-fi.....opinions?
http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/374/ipodmockzr0.jpg
Dude, you gotta learn to spell!
Please!?!
http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/374/ipodmockzr0.jpg
Dude, you gotta learn to spell!
Please!?!
fsudaft
Mar 23, 11:41 AM
I'm a friend of rtdgoldfish, we hang out and shoot the crap and play games. I don't think the area we live in has wifi stealing laws, but you never know until someone gets arrested for it. But since he doesn't run a business or have any confidential information on his computer that i know about, i doubt that there will be any thing the police here can do about it.
He's a pretty nice guy and I was surprised when he called me late one night to tell me what happened, he lives in a pretty tranquil place. the funny thing about this is that it seems like he's been doing the whole investigation while he police just sit around and wait for his information. I hope he gets his stuff back though.
He's a pretty nice guy and I was surprised when he called me late one night to tell me what happened, he lives in a pretty tranquil place. the funny thing about this is that it seems like he's been doing the whole investigation while he police just sit around and wait for his information. I hope he gets his stuff back though.
LastLine
Nov 23, 04:30 PM
Would a US .Mac code bought now work in the UK in February? ;-)
Angelo95210
Sep 13, 06:07 PM
I am looking for a friendly team, but I can't join F@H because I am using Boinc...
acslater017
Mar 28, 05:28 PM
Before it was sooo.... hard. My wrist still hurts from dragging one single file to the Applications folder. Oh, and I just love having to pay sales tax on the apps. :rolleyes:
I don't hate the Mac App store, I just don't think it should be a factor in the award. With that said, its Apples award and they can do as they please with it, including making acceptance of onerous terms a prerequisite to compete.
Respectfully, I think you're missing the point. In its totality, installing an app is more like:
1) Google or otherwise search for an app. Make sure its the Mac version, compatible with your OS version, processor, etc. There probably won't be any reviews, more like select quotes from people who liked it.
2) IF you trust that website, fill out your credit card information, PayPal account, etc.
3) Download it and do the process you described for installing.
4) If you need to re-install the app, buy a new computer, etc. hope that the company allows you to re-download it.
5) If you have a good/bad experience, good luck reviewing it or rating it.
I'm a pretty tech-savvy guy and I still appreciate the ease of the Mac App Store.
I don't hate the Mac App store, I just don't think it should be a factor in the award. With that said, its Apples award and they can do as they please with it, including making acceptance of onerous terms a prerequisite to compete.
Respectfully, I think you're missing the point. In its totality, installing an app is more like:
1) Google or otherwise search for an app. Make sure its the Mac version, compatible with your OS version, processor, etc. There probably won't be any reviews, more like select quotes from people who liked it.
2) IF you trust that website, fill out your credit card information, PayPal account, etc.
3) Download it and do the process you described for installing.
4) If you need to re-install the app, buy a new computer, etc. hope that the company allows you to re-download it.
5) If you have a good/bad experience, good luck reviewing it or rating it.
I'm a pretty tech-savvy guy and I still appreciate the ease of the Mac App Store.
Reach9
Mar 18, 05:22 PM
... another thread turned into a bash fight.
Welcome to MacRumors!
not literally, because you've been here longer than me.
Welcome to MacRumors!
not literally, because you've been here longer than me.
Dr.Pants
Apr 30, 10:36 AM
Went into this thread expecting the leather-bound version of iCal to be dropped, was disappointed.
MacAddict1978
Apr 16, 04:03 PM
why do music companies make it so difficult to distribute their music? weird.
It's because they wan't to make it more enticing for people to steal music instead of making it easier for them to buy it. They can sue 80 year old ladies for a $million for 1 Incubus song... (no, seriously, they did.) That's a much better haul than 99 cents right? :D
Sounds like the Record companies are being their typical stupid selves. Only reason Apple is really able to get away with it is because they are Apple. It is not the closed system part but because they are Apple. I bet if the record company could they would say F you to Apple and pull out. I also would not be surpised if they regreat now making a deal with them when iTunes first launched.
This stinks over all. It is not closed or open argument. This is a record company being record companies.
iTunes made legally downloading relevant. We'd still not have a model like this if Apple hadn't done it (no one thought apple would grow to such a behmoth back at the time iTunes Store was born). We'd having something, but I doubt we'd have the flexibility of individual tracks at that price if individual tracks at all. Really, even though there is still piracy, iTunes probably saved the music industry more than it killed it IMO. And if the record labels don't like people cherry picking the 2 good songs of an ablbum, start putting out artists that have albums without filler (like that kesha creature)
It's because they wan't to make it more enticing for people to steal music instead of making it easier for them to buy it. They can sue 80 year old ladies for a $million for 1 Incubus song... (no, seriously, they did.) That's a much better haul than 99 cents right? :D
Sounds like the Record companies are being their typical stupid selves. Only reason Apple is really able to get away with it is because they are Apple. It is not the closed system part but because they are Apple. I bet if the record company could they would say F you to Apple and pull out. I also would not be surpised if they regreat now making a deal with them when iTunes first launched.
This stinks over all. It is not closed or open argument. This is a record company being record companies.
iTunes made legally downloading relevant. We'd still not have a model like this if Apple hadn't done it (no one thought apple would grow to such a behmoth back at the time iTunes Store was born). We'd having something, but I doubt we'd have the flexibility of individual tracks at that price if individual tracks at all. Really, even though there is still piracy, iTunes probably saved the music industry more than it killed it IMO. And if the record labels don't like people cherry picking the 2 good songs of an ablbum, start putting out artists that have albums without filler (like that kesha creature)
JAT
May 3, 10:58 PM
Anyone know what's the app being used in the "to a CEO" part?
Maybe just Keynote? Fits the context.
Maybe just Keynote? Fits the context.
bluebomberman
Oct 2, 05:08 PM
...the more I think about it, the more I don't see why iTunes wouldn't play the compatible Fairplay songs. Apple can't make any major changes to the existing DRM in files to break compatible Fairplay files.... since they would have then have to reencode all of those files sitting on people's hard drives.
arn
Maybe Apple could do a Fairplay "freeze" where all Fairplay v2 media purchased after a certain date is deemed invalid by iPod + iTunes.
Not that Apple would automatically do such a thing...way I see it, we're all heading towards murky waters as crappy tech companies (Real, Microsoft, etc.) try to jam their way into Apple's iPod + iTunes ecosphere.
arn
Maybe Apple could do a Fairplay "freeze" where all Fairplay v2 media purchased after a certain date is deemed invalid by iPod + iTunes.
Not that Apple would automatically do such a thing...way I see it, we're all heading towards murky waters as crappy tech companies (Real, Microsoft, etc.) try to jam their way into Apple's iPod + iTunes ecosphere.
Nitrocide
Apr 15, 07:35 PM
I thought this was the new iPhone HD:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nDd7A4BAYc
Now if that's fake, they did a damn good job. (and have a ton of time on their hands)
On a related note, does anyone know how to embed a YT video in a post?
Bit too in your face and unrefined for me, the fat chrome sides make it look pretty odd! I do love the alu design far more than the plastic one though!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nDd7A4BAYc
Now if that's fake, they did a damn good job. (and have a ton of time on their hands)
On a related note, does anyone know how to embed a YT video in a post?
Bit too in your face and unrefined for me, the fat chrome sides make it look pretty odd! I do love the alu design far more than the plastic one though!
Mexbearpig
Apr 13, 09:54 PM
Got some new running shoes at the Nike Factory Store. These will make a huge difference from my vans.
http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k575/julian4444/IMG_20110413_225203.jpg
Also got some Polo Ralph Lauren all white canvas landers. I walked into journeys planning to get some vans and wanted their version of docksiders. Unfortunately they only had smaller sizes. So these seemed good enough.
http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k575/julian4444/IMG_20110413_223415.jpg
Also a pack of 5pairs of no show socks for the landers.
http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k575/julian4444/IMG_20110413_223441.jpg
http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k575/julian4444/IMG_20110413_225203.jpg
Also got some Polo Ralph Lauren all white canvas landers. I walked into journeys planning to get some vans and wanted their version of docksiders. Unfortunately they only had smaller sizes. So these seemed good enough.
http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k575/julian4444/IMG_20110413_223415.jpg
Also a pack of 5pairs of no show socks for the landers.
http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k575/julian4444/IMG_20110413_223441.jpg
KnightWRX
Apr 28, 06:34 AM
Nekbeth, I'm looking at the code and I'm thinking you still don't quite understand what NSTimer is and does. You keep track of "Elapsed" using 2 implementation scope global variables :
NSInteger seconds = 0;
NSInteger minutes = 0;
However, grepping for these variables, you never reset them back to 0 aside from their initial initialization :
$ grep -e minutes -e seconds ATimerViewController.m
NSInteger seconds = 0;
NSInteger minutes = 0;
NSInteger seconds = 0;
NSInteger minutes = 0;
However, grepping for these variables, you never reset them back to 0 aside from their initial initialization :
$ grep -e minutes -e seconds ATimerViewController.m
NSInteger seconds = 0;
NSInteger minutes = 0;
Polo5
Oct 6, 10:13 AM
could i move in with you steve? :p